Tuesday, February 22, 2011

~~Another Yummy Day In My Kitchen!~~

I started off the day today with an even more stuffed up nose than I had yesterday. I realized that the yummy goodness I was going to be making today, I wouldn't be able to smell any of it! :-( In some ways this is a good thing, since one of my recipes required onions and I LOATHE onions, so this would make that task all the more easy. But for the second recipe of the day, I really would've like to have smelled it while it was baking. Guess it gives me something to look forward to the next time I make it, huh?!?

CHILI CON CARNE

Items that are essential to this recipe:
INGREDIENTS:
1 1/2 Lb. Ground Beef
4 Medium onions, diced
1 1/2 C. Green Pepper; diced
4 1/2 tsp. Chili Powder
1 Clove Garlic
1 Qt. Diced Tomatoes
6 oz. Tomato Paste
2 Tbsp. Brown Sugar; packed
2 tsp. Oregano
1 tsp. Paprika
3 Cans Red Kidney Beans

Cook meat, onion, garlic, and green pepper-about 15 minutes, until meat is browned. Add chili powder. Cook 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes and their liquid, tomato paste, brown sugar, oregano and paprika. (I also put water in the can of paste twice and swish around and pour in the pot). Heat to boiling. Reduce to low, cover and simmer for 45 minutes. Stir occasionally. Stir in the beans and their liquid. Reheat and serve.

Here it is:

I also decided that I wanted to make some sort of bread today. I came across this recipe from my Aunt B. It just sounded so good!
Items you will need:
FRIENDSHIP BREAD

INGREDIENTS:
1 C. Vegetable Oil
1 1/2 C. Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
3 Large Eggs
1 1/4 C. Milk
1/2 tsp. Salt
2 tsp. Cinnamon
2 1/2 C. Flour
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1 (3.4 oz.) Box Instant Vanilla Pudding
1 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
Additional Cinnamon and Sugar mixed together.

Combine the salt, cinnamon, flour, baking soda, pudding and baking powder. Set aside. Mix the oil, sugar, vanilla, eggs and milk together. Mix in the dry ingredients. Grease 2 large loaf pans and sprinkle with a mixure of cinnamon and sugar. Pour the batter into the pants and sprinkle with more cinnamon and sugar mixture. Bake for 1 hour at 325.

Just before baking:

My brother J. told me that this bread smelled AWESOME while it was baking! I'm so sad that I was not able to smell it, but I'm sure that it will taste great and more than make up for not being able to smell it.

Now just waiting for this to cool:

I can't wait to have a slice of this! I hope that you will make this and enjoy it as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment