Monday, February 28, 2011

Two Very Special Guests In My Kitchen Today!

Today has been an eventful day at my house. I watched two young girls from my church this morning, as their Momma had something she had to do, and this afternoon I babysat my wonderful nieces! It was truly a GREAT day!

Since I'm single, and have no children I don't have toys at my house for kids to play with. Luckily these two cuties brought their American Girl Dolls with them to keep them entertained, but I also had a few things to do with them to keep busy. Of course it involved working in the kitchen!!! :-) We baked COOKIES!!!! What kid doesn't like to help bake cookies, and of course sample them after they are done? These two were no exception, and we were really excited to be helping!

Here they are all ready to get things mixed up:
We made chocolate chip cookies...but not your ordinary, same old, chocolate chip cookies...we spiced up the recipe a little bit. And these cookies turned out Oh So Good!!!!

NOT YOUR MOTHER'S CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

INGREDIENTS:
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips


**NOTE** We used a White Chocolate Instant Pudding mix, and you may substitute any flavor you would like to try for the Vanilla. We also used M&M's instead of the chocolate chips! YUM

Preheat oven to 375. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars.  Add pudding mix, eggs and vanilla. Combine flour and baking soda; add to creamed mixture and mix well.  Fold in chocolate chips.  Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.  Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.

Here they are all mixed up:
The girls had the best time taking turns scooping out the dough and putting it on the cookie sheet. They shared very nicely!

Here is some of our finished product:
This was the first time that I've made cookies using a recipe like this, and they turned out so soft and moist that it was unbelievable! :-) These adorable girls were so excited to have cookies THAT THEY MADE to take home and share with Mom & Dad! I had a blast with them as well!

Thanks so much for being such a great help today A. & C., I really had a lot of fun with both of you! You are welcome to help out in my kitchen anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment