Saturday, September 24, 2011

It Was a Soup Kind of Week!

This week with the return of Fall I decided it was a good week to make soup for supper! I LOVE Fall, but I really feel like this season is moving so fast. The leaves on the trees in my neighborhood are already beginning to change colors and the temperature on some days is cooler than normal. I just want to say, Dear Autumn,

You are not supposed to visit until sometime in Mid-November. Please kindly leave and visit again at your normal date!

Very Sincerely,
Me

Oh well, it is much nicer working in the kitchen when it's not so HOT outside! I would think that many of you like Tacos, well this soup is a cool twist on an old favorite!

TACO SOUP

INGREDIENTS:

1 Qt. Tomatoes
1 (15 oz.) Can Chili Beans
1 Lb. Ground Beef
1 Can Corn; undrained
1 (8 oz.) Can Tomato Sauce
1 pkg. Taco Seasoning
1/4 C. Onion; chopped
Tortilla Chips
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Sour Cream

Brown the Ground Beef; drain grease. Place in Crock-pot and add Beans, Taco Seasoning, Sauce, Onion, Tomatoes and Corn; stir together. Cook on low for 4-5 hours. Serve over Tortilla Chips. Top with Cheese and Sour Cream.

This is a favorite around here, and I haven't made it in a long time. It was delicious! I hope that you'll give it a try as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment