Thursday, September 15, 2011

Peachy Keen

Peaches, peaches and more peaches! Did I mention peaches? Wow, have I been a busy girl the last 2 weeks, trying to get ready for winter. So far my freezer is stocked with some good stuff...Sweet Corn, Blueberries, Rhubarb, Strawberries and now Peaches!!! I have a side-by-side Regrigerator/Freezer and thus don't have a lot of room in my freezer. I much prefer the standard, but oh well. I manage to make room. Especially since during the winter months I tend to make soups quite often and freeze some of those as well. I currently have 3 shelves in my freezer devoted to the bags and bags of fresh produce that I'm freezing! It was a lot of work, but I know that when I'm enjoying sweet corn, and assorted baked items with the fruit that I will be thankful that I took the time to do all the work!

 I decided to try a new recipe for Peach Bread that I found. It sounds so yummy, and I will tell you that the little bit of batter that I licked off the beater was DELICIOUS!!! I can't wait to see how this latest adventure turns out. I then decided that I would also make something for supper tonight that would incorporate peaches, and I will post that recipe later as well. Peaches remind me of Georgia, and when I think of Georgia I think of Atlanta and my wonderful friends that live there. So, N. if you're reading this I thought of you and your family today! And I would LOVE to bring some recipes with me the next time I'm there to cook with you (thanks for the note on Facebook!).

So without further a-do, here's the recipe for this yummy smelling (and I'm sure tasting) bread!

PEACH BREAD

INGREDIENTS:

3 Eggs
2 C. Sugar
2 tsp. Vanilla
1 C. Oil
2 C. Diced Peaches (you could used canned as well)
3 C. Flour
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Baking Soda
3 tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 C. Walnuts, chopped (optional)

Preheat oven to 350. Grease 2 loaf pans. In a large bowl, beat the Eggs lightly. Blend in the Sugar, Oil and Vanilla. Add the Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Salt and Cinnamon; mix just to combine (batter will be very thick). Stir in the Peaches and Walnuts (Batter loosens up). Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake for about 1 hour, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on wire racks.

I can't wait to see how this bread turns out! I love to make breads and freeze them as well. So, this just may be another one that I will do this with!!!

1 comment:

  1. I definitely plan on making this! Thanks for sharing the recipe with us! : )

    ReplyDelete