Thursday, September 8, 2011

A Well Stocked Freezer!

Today I went to a local Farmer's Market and got an AWESOME deal on sweet corn! I decided to load up and use a recipe from my Aunt B. to make freezer corn. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE frozen sweet corn, and thought what better way to stock my freezer for winter than this? I have watched my Mom do this in the past and thought that it was a lot of work....You know, having to shuck all the corn, remove all the silks, then precariously use a VERY sharp knife to kernel the corn. Turns out it was easier than I thought! Especially with the Corn Kerneler from Pampered Chef that I have! This handy-dandy little tool is MAGIC I tell ya...It literally took 2 seconds to get all of the corn off the cob and into the pan. I'm LOVING it! Needless to say, I have more corn than I do freezer room so I'm sharing my harvest with those closest to me...It's always nice to share ya know?!?!!!!

FREEZER CORN

INGREDIENTS:
8 C. Sweet Corn
1 C. Water
1 Stick Butter
1 Tbsp. Sugar
1 tsp. Salt

Place Corn in large pot. Cut up Butter and add to pot. Add Water, Sugar and Salt; stir to combine. Heat to a boiling and allow to boil for 1 minute. Turn off burner and allow corn to cool to room temperature. Place into freezing recepticles (I used Ziploc Freezer Quart Bags); seal and allow to cool before placing in the freezer.

See, I told you that it was easy-peasey!

No comments:

Post a Comment