Sunday, November 4, 2012

A Meal Worth A Million Dollars!

What? It's what the recipe said...Million Dollar Spaghetti! I may not pay a million dollars for it, but it sure was delicious, and not to mention easy to prepare! :) I love recipes that don't take much effort, but taste as if they did! :) Makes me happy!

This was a HUGE success, and one that I will definitely make again...next time for my family to see what they think. It's definitely a new twist on the same old, same old spaghetti you are used to. If you are looking for something different with some new flavors, then you MUST put this on your recipe list! The recipe also says that you can put together all of the steps; up to the baking part and place in the freezer and pull it out when you're ready to bake it, and it will still taste just as good.

This would be the perfect meal to take to a family who just had a new baby, death in the family, illness, etc.

MILLION DOLLAR SPAGHETTI
INGREDIENTS:
1 Stick of Butter; sliced
1 Lb. Spaghetti Noodles; cooked el dente
1 Jar Spaghetti Sauce
1 Lb. Ground Beef; browned and drained
8 oz. Cream Cheese; softened
8 oz. Sour Cream
1/2 Lb. Cottage Cheese (I used 1/2 of the 1 Lb. small curd)
1 Pkg. (2 C.) Shredded Cheddar Cheese

Preheat oven to 350. Boil the Noodles and brown the Ground Beef. Pour the Spaghetti Sauce over the Beef in the pan and mix together. Place half of the Butter slices in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. With a mixer, mix together the Sour Cream, Cream Cheese, and Cottage Cheese; until well mixed. Top the Butter with half of the Spaghetti Noodles. Pour all of the Cream Cheese mixture over the Noodles and spread. Top with remaining half of Noodles. Place rest of Butter slices on top of Noodles. Pour the Ground Beef Mixture over the top and spread. Place in the oven for 30 minutes. Pull out of of the oven and top with 2 C. Shredded Cheddar Cheese. Place back in the oven for 15 minutes; or until the Cheese is melted. Enjoy! 

I served this with Garlic Toast; just as I would regular ol' spaghetti. It was a HUGE hit here, for which I am happy. I never want someone to not like what I've made for them. The only change that I might make is to use a little more Spaghetti Sauce, but I like mine saucy...if you don't, then I would follow this recipe to a T! Give it a try, I would love to know what you think of it.

Once again, Thanks Pinterest! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment