Sunday, November 4, 2012

Of Course We Had To Have Dessert Too!

This dessert was specifically requested on this trip to Missouri! I LOVE that my friends like my cooking and baking skills and that they will request things that they like! This was one easy request to fulfill!

BETTER THAN ... CAKE

INGREDIENTS:
1 German Chocolate Cake Mix; and ingredients to make cake
1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 Jar Caramel Ice Cream Topping (I like to use Mrs. Richardson's Topping)
1 (8 oz.) Extra Creamy Cool Whip
Heath Candy Bar Topping

Bake the cake according to package directions. Once cake is cooled, poke holes all over the cake. Pour the Sweetened Condensed Milk over the top; followed by the Caramel Topping. Top with Cool Whip and spread. Sprinkle Heath Chips over the top of the cake. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before enjoying.

***NOTE*** I saw a recipe on Pinterest for a Pumpkin version of this...YES, I said PUMPKIN. You substitute the German Chocolate Cake for 1 White or Yellow Cake and 1 (15 oz.) Can of Packed Pumpkin. You, mix the Cake Mix (minus the makings for the cake..No Eggs, Water or Oil) with the Pumpkin and bake the cake according to box directions, then follow the steps above. I am so going to try this when I'm back home! 

See, I told you that this was an easy one to make. I guarantee that others will love it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment