Saturday, November 10, 2012

What can you do in an hour?

I know what I can do! Make homemade Cinnamon Rolls! One of my friends had pinned this recipe on Pinterest yesterday, and when I saw it I knew that I had to try them since we were going to be having Chili for supper last night! :) She was a little skeptical of Cinnamon Rolls that only took an hour to make. Well, I'm here to tell you that they turned out great and seriously, they only did take an hour to make!

1-HOUR CINNAMON ROLLS
INGREDIENTS:

Mix and let sit for 15 minutes:
3 1/2 c. warm water
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. oil
6 T. yeast (4 1/2 Saf-Instant)

Then add:
1 T. salt
3 eggs
10 1/2 c. flour

Mix together for 10 minutes, then sit for 10 minutes. Oil cupboard, dump out dough. Divide in half. Roll one half out into rectangle. Spread with ¼ c. melted butter and then with cinnamon-sugar mixture. Roll up tight, but not too tight. Divide into 12 rolls and place on greased cookie sheet. Repeat with other half of dough. Let rise. Bake for 12-15 minutes at 400.
Cinnamon-Sugar
1c. sugar
1 T. cinnamon

 

Frosting

1 cube butter
2 dashes salt
2 t. vanilla
6 c. powdered sugar
milk

***NOTE*** I halved this recipe so that it would only make 12 rolls. Otherwise it will make 24.

The bro really enjoyed them, and I put some away in the freezer for another day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment