Sunday, November 4, 2012

Time To Catch Up...

Well, I'm currently in sunny, warm, Missouri and LOVING it!!!! I've heard that it's been windy, cold, and rainy back home in Michigan, and I can't tell you how nice it's been to be out of town for the week. I left last weekend to come to the Springfield/Nixa area of MO. to job search...it helps that I have friends in this area as well. My flights went smoothly, and I'm hoping that when I leave tomorrow afternoon that they are smooth once again. I have a 3 hour layover in Denver, and sometimes their weather can be iffy at best!

While I've been here I've taken the opportunity to cook a little bit, and of course most of the recipes came from, you guessed it, PINTEREST! :) This one was a hit and so easy to make. I will definitely have to make it back at home for the Bro.

CHICKEN POT PIE

INGREDIENTS:
1 Tube Pillsbury Biscuits
1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
1/2 Cup of Sour Cream
1/2 Stick of Butter, melted
1 Can of Peas (I did half can of peas, green beans, and carrots)
2 Cups Cooked Chicken, (I used Tyson Frozen Chunk Chicken)
1 Cup Mild Cheddar Cheese
3 Tbsp. Milk

What to do now:
Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Mix soup and 1/2 cup sour cream in 8-inch square baking dish. Stir in chicken, and peas, milk, and melted butter: flatten out, and put the cheese sprinkled evenly on top. I like to add some pepper into the mixture. 

put biscuits on top of the cheese you just sprinkled. Just layer them in a single layer. If you did buy the thicker biscuits I would probably flatten them out a little, or cut them in half so they are not as thick, they will cook better.

Cook for 35 minutes or until the biscuits on top are golden brown and the amazing mixture underneath is hot and bubbly.


***NOTE*** I brushed the tops of the biscuits with melted butter, and cooked it for about 45 minutes so that the underside of the biscuits would cook through as well. I was afraid that they would be a little doughy otherwise.

This was a hit, and is so tasty! Not to mention a fast and easy meal to prepare! Who doesn't like less time spent in the Kitchen???? 

No comments:

Post a Comment