Wednesday, November 21, 2012

So much to be THANKFUL for!!!!

I can hardly believe that Thanksgiving is once again only a day away! How crazy!!!! I have so many things to be thankful for this year.

1. I'm thankful for a loving and faithful Heavenly Father who knows what's best for me!
2. I'm thankful for a loving, God-fearing family, whom I love very much!
3. I'm thankful for a loving, faithful, and encouraging church family!
4. I'm thankful for all of my wonderful friends, near and far. You all are so dear to me!
5.. I'm thankful for a warm home.
6. I'm thank for my health...I've been through a lot in my short 32 years, but I'm still so thankful that I have gone through those things, just so that I can be thankful today!
7. I'm thankful for the encouragement from a friend that came at "just the right time" to push me into being a better, healthier me!

I recently, last week recently, started working out at a local gym. I'm on Day #5 of gym work-outs, but have fit in a few walks outside to keep going. I feel GREAT!!!! I have so much more energy, and it really isn't hard to get up and get my work-out clothes on and hit the gym in the mornings, of course it's nice that I have a friend that will be there with me so we can talk and laugh our way through it all! I have tried losing weight and being healthier in the past and failed miserably...the one thing that I've noticed this time is that I'm serious about it and I WANT as much as I need to stick with it. I was also blessed this morning by meeting Crystal, a girl that works at the front desk at the gym I go to. She and I got to talking and she told me about her ongoing journey and then told me that she is working towards a specific goal weight and that there are Doctors in this area of MI that will perform an excess skin removal surgery for free, that's right FREE only after you've reached and maintained your goal weight for a certain amount of time. The reason that these Doctors do this is to use the skin for grafting of burn patients. When she told me this, and even as I type it, I teared up. Not because I want to have plastic surgery when my weight loss journey is done, I would NEVER do that for vanity's sake...but because of the help, the hope that I could offer others. Those that know my family and the story of my AMAZING cousin, know just how much this thought touches my heart! So, now not only MUST I do this for me, I MUST do this for others in need as well. WOW, the Lord sure knows who to put in your path at the right time! What an AWESOME God we serve!!!! Don't get me wrong, I'm far from being close to being able to do this, but I WILL get there and this will be my focus and determination! I have a huge smile on my face because of the mysterious workings of my Lord!

Now that I've told you my story and what I'm thankful for I'm going to share a recipe of one of the many yummy things we will be having on our Thanksgiving table tomorrow! My parents are coming into town tonight and will be here through the weekend. I'm looking forward to seeing them! Instead of having to do all of the work tomorrow, I decided to prep some food today.

I have never made homemade stuffing before, but this year I decided that I would. I'm amazed at how fast this went together. I will definitely be doing it again!

AWESOME SAUSAGE, APPLE & CRANBERRY STUFFING
INGREDIENTS:
1 1/2 C. Whole Wheat Bread; cubed (I bought the pre-toasted, pre-cubed bread from my local grocery store)
3 3/4 C. White Bread cubed 
1 Lb. Sausage
1 C. Onion; chopped
3/4 C. Celery; chopped
2 1/2 tsp. Dried Sage
1 1/2 tsp. Dried Rosemary
1/2 tsp. Dried Thyme
1 Golden Delicious Apple, cored and chopped
3/4 C. Dried Cranberries
3/4 C. Chicken or Turkey Stock (I used Chicken Stock)
4 Tbsp. Butter; melted

Preheat oven to 350. Spread White and Wheat Bread Cubes in single layer on large baking sheet. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes; until evenly toasted. Remove to large bowl (Since I bought pre-toasted I skipped this step). In a large skillet, cook the Sausage and Onions over medium heat; stirring and breaking up the lumps until evenly browned. Add the Celery, Sage, Rosemary, and Thyme; cook, stirring for 2 minutes to blend the flavors. Pour Sausage Mixture over Bread in bowl. Mix in chopped Apples and Cranberries. Drizzle with Stock and melted Butter. Spoon into serving dish. (I put mine in the fridge for tomorrow.) Bake at 350 for 1 hour.

I want to know what you are thankful for this Thanksgiving? Please share with me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment