Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Staving Off My NEED To Decorate For Christmas!

That, and saving my sanity as my neighbors have already started! I decided that the way to go was to start my Christmas Cookie baking early and freeze them so that I don't have as much work to do when the time is closer. It has been fun trying a few new recipes and adapting some old favorites!

I LOVE Christmas, and if it was up to me I would leave my decorations up year round! As you can see in one of my pictures on here, I do have a snowman warmer plugged in, but that's it for decorations so far. I'm itching to decorate, but will refrain until after Thanksgiving like a good girl!

MOLASSES COOKIES
INGREDIENTS:
Yields: 6 Dozsen Cookie

1 1/2 C. Butter; softened
2 C. Sugar
2 Eggs
2 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Cloves
1/2 C. Molasses
4 1/2 C. Flour
4 tsp. Ginger
1 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1/4 tsp. Salt
3/4 C. Coarse Sugar for Rolling

Preheat oven to 375. In mixer bowl cream Butter and Sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in Eggs and Molasses. Combine the Flour, Ginger, Baking Soda, Cinnamon, Cloves and Salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Shape into balls and roll in the Coarse Sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 16-18 minutes, or until tops are cracked. Cool on wire racks.

These smell FABULOUS, and will make your house smell like Christmas! I LOVE it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment