Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Candy Canes, A Sign of Winter!

Not exactly Candy Canes in this recipe, but Candy Cane Kisses...so very close in my book! ;) We normally also have Peanut Blossoms at Christmastime, and when I saw this variety I knew that I must make them!

I did make some with regular chocolate kisses for those who don't care for the Peppermint ones...ahem, my brother...he's a weird one, I know... ;)

CANDY CANE KISS COOKIES
INGREDIENTS:
Yields: 2 1/2 Dozen

1 Bag Hershey Kiss Candy Cane Kisses
1/2 C. Butter; softened
1 C. Sugar
1 1/2 tsp. Vanilla
1 Egg
2 C. Flour
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Baking Soda
2 Tbsp. Milk
Red & Green Colored Sugar (I also used Pepper Sugar)

Unwrap Hershey Kisses. Preheat oven to 350. Beat Butter, Sugar, Vanilla and Egg until well blended. Stir together Flour, Baking Soda and Salt; add alternatively with the Milk to Butter Mixture. Beat until well blended. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in Red/Green Sugars. Place on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cookies are set. Remove from oven; cool 2-3 minutes. Press Kiss into top of each. Cool on wire racks. 

I think that they look pretty!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Now my sweet tooth wants these! SO MUCH. lol....great to see you the other day :)
    ~Hannah
    p.s. perhaps you would consider doing a blog post about pepper sugar?? ya know...to clue in those of us who spend less time in kitchen making delicious goodies, but still want to know what's out there...

    ReplyDelete