Friday, March 18, 2011

The PERFECT Spring Supper

I was so excited to see the sunshine here again today, not so excited about the cooler temperatures! I really think that Spring might finally have sprung in the GR Michigan area!!!! YAY!!!!

Since it has been so nice, I decided that there was no better time to break the good ol' grill out and put it to use. I found the recipe I made for supper tonight on the Pioneer's Woman's site, boy can that lady cook! I have to say that anything that used FRESH Pineapple is alright in my book! YUM

GRILLED CHICKEN & PINEAPPLE QUESADILLA'S

Here's what you need:

INGREDIENTS:

8 whole Flour Tortillas
Butter Or Margarine
2 C. Pineapple, Sliced; Grilled
3 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
Salt And Pepper, to taste
3 C. Monterey Jack Cheese, Grated
Cilantro
6 Tbsp. Barbecue Sauce

This is what I used to peel and slice my Pineapple. It's a wonderful tool called a Pineapple Wedger from The Pampered Chef! You just hack off the top and bottom of your pineapple and then this handy-dandy tool does the rest!
It cuts it in half/cores it. All I had to do was cut it up into chunks!

Here it is on the grill:

(To grill pineapple: cut wedges, stick on skewers, and grill over low heat. Cut into slices.)
(To pound chicken, place inside a Ziploc bag and pound with a mallet or large can to flatten to uniform thickness.)
Sprinkle with salt and pepper and Spice of your choice. Grill until done, brushing with barbecue sauce. Set aside and slice into very thin slices.
Warm griddle over medium heat and put sizzling butter or margarine in the pan. Slightly warm and toast tortillas on both sides, then remove from griddle and set aside.
To assemble, sprinkle four browned tortillas with grated Monterey Jack. Arrange chicken slices evenly over the surface. Add pineapple slices. Sprinkle on cilantro. If desired, drizzle extra barbecue sauce over the top. Add second browned tortilla on top of each one. (You’ll have four complete quesadillas at this point.)
Add to oven to warm, or back to skillet to warm, until cheese is melted. Cut each quesadilla into six wedges. Serve with sour cream, and pico de gallo. (I made my own!)

Browning/melting the cheese:
And here's the finished product:
These were really simple and easy, and so good! I used a Smoky Barbecue Rub on the chicken before it was grilled and then the bro brushed on some Sweet Baby Rays!

I hope that you will give these a try! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment