Wednesday, March 9, 2011

~A Request From A Friend~

I had a friend leave me a message on my Facebook Wall this morning asking for a recipe for Brisket, as it's on sale this week. I promised her that I would post one! So this will just be a quick post before I head out the door for Bible Study this morning. Hmmm, this actually sounds really good to me on this cold, rainy morning here in Michigan.

BEST EVER BEEF BRISKET

INGREDIENTS:
2 Tbsp. Chili Powder
1 Tbsp. Salt
1 Tbsp. Garlic Powder
1 Tbsp. Onion powder
1 Tbsp. Black Pepper
1 Tbsp. Sugar
1 Tbsp. Seasoned Salt
1 (4 pound) Beef Brisket
1 1/2 C.  Beef Broth

Preheat oven to 350. Combine the chili powder, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, sugar, and seasoning salt in a medium bowl, and blend thoroughly. Apply rub to surface of brisket. Cook brisket, uncovered, in preheated oven for 1 hour. Remove from oven and add beef broth to roasting pan. Lower oven temperature to 300 degrees F, cover roasting pan tightly with foil, and cook 3 more hours. Let brisket rest 30 minutes before slicing.


I hope that this works for you E. and that you and your family will enjoy it!!! Let me know how it turns out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment