Sunday, March 20, 2011

A PRE-BIRTHDAY/BIRTHDAY DINNER WITH FAMILY & FRIENDS!

I can't believe that tomorrow is my birthday again already! A lot has been accomplished since last years birthday. This time last year I was just getting ready to get out of a back brace after having a Spinal Fusion surgery done on December 29, 2009, was still moving slowly and not really thinking much about cooking. Just looking forward to the next day and feeling a bit better! I'm happy to report that I do feel better, MUCH better and that each day is something new. My back is healing nicely and I look forward to each new day! The Lord has truly blessed me!

This year I decided that I wanted to have a nice birthday dinner with family and a few close friends! My brother and sister-in-law are out of town with my nieces so they couldn't come, but my Mom & Dad and my friends S & E and their two kiddos B & G were able to! It was really nice to have them all here. I love to be surrounded by those that I love and hold dear! :-) Gives this girl a warm heart!!!!

I made the dinner we had, and had a lot fun trying out new recipes! See the two posts below for Side Dish and Dessert ideas!

This is what I made for today:

APRICOT CHICKEN:

INGREDIENTS:
2 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. olive oil
8 skinned chicken breast halves
1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
1/2 c. apricot preserves
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard (optional)
1/2 c. nonfat yogurt

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Melt butter and oil in shallow pan. Shake chicken in plastic bag with flour and salt until chicken is coated. Place in single layer in baking pan and bake 25 minutes.
Combine apricot preserves, mustard and yogurt. Spread on chicken and bake 30 more minutes or until done.

This was delicious! I highly recommend it! Give it a try and tell me what you thought of it! I look forward to another year of my life and all of the things that the Lord has in store for me! Can't wait to start the adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment