Thursday, March 17, 2011

A St. Patrick's Day Treat!

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!!!! I know that there are a lot of people that are out and about enjoying some corned beef and cabbage and green beer around here in the GR area, but that would not be the bro and I. For those of you that are out enjoying the days festivities, have fun and be safe!

We LOVE sauerkraut in this house, but I don't make/use it too much. Today was an exception! Today I put the Slow Cooker to good use and made what was needed for this recipe. It turned out great and was a wonderful supper.

SLOW COOKER REUBEN SANDWICHES

What's needed:
Gotta love a recipe with very few ingredients!! :-)

INGREDIENTS:
1 Pkg. (2 lbs.) Refrigerated Sauerkraut
1 Pkg. (2 to 3 lbs.) Corned Beef Brisket
1 C. Thousand Island Dressing
16 Slices Pumpernickel/Rye Bread; toasted
8 Slices Swiss Cheese

Place Sauerkraut in the bottom of a 3 to 4 quart slow cooker. Place Beef Brisket on top of Sauerkraut (if it contains a seasoning packet, season the brisket with that). Cover and cook on low for 9 to 11 hours. Remove beef from slow cooker and cut the corned beef into slices. Using a slotted spoon place a 1/2 cup of sauerkraut on a slice of bread, top with corned beef slices. Top with Swiss Cheese slice. Spread 1 Tbsp. Thousand Island on top slice of bread, and make a sandwich. Serve.

This was quite tasty and hit the spot:

Even if you're not Irish, this truly is a delicious meal! I will make this one again, J. really liked it and I know he would be happy to eat it again, and again!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for reminding me about Reuben sandwiches! We haven't had them for a long time, because I'd forgotten about them. Guess what I'm planning on making soon?! :)

    ReplyDelete