Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Tonight's Side Dish

This is the dish that I served along with supper tonight! It is one of my favorites, and I LOVE to make it! I have to make mention that this recipe came from a wonderful friend, who I call my Step-Momma...She and I used to work together at Bronson Hospital and she is like a 2nd Mother to me. So, thanks so much for this recipe Momma S.!

APPLE BAKED BEANS:

What you need:
INGREDIENTS:
1 (48 oz.) Randall's Great Northern Beans; drained (I only made 1/2 the recipe, so I used a smaller jar)
4 Tbsp. Butter
3 C. Granny Smith Apples; cubed
1/2 C. Onion; chopped
3/4 C. Brown Sugar
1/2 C. Catsup
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. Salt

Preheat oven to 375. Melt butter in large skillet. Add Apples and Onions; cook for 10 minutes, or until apples are tender.

The apple peels will lighten up considerably and should look like this:

Add Brown Sugar:

Stir until dissolved. Blend in the Catsup, Cinnamon and Salt. Place beans in a 2 Quart casserole dish and pour apple mixture over the top and mix well. Bake in oven for 1 hour.

This is what it should look like:

These are so delicious! Who would've thought to add apples, catsup and brown sugar to make some tasty baked beans! I love to make these. I hope that you will try them and enjoy them as much as we do.

1 comment:

  1. Did you share this with us once??! I think so--delicious! I have never made my own beans for a side dish (only soups) but this looks doable! I like the new organization and handy list on the side :)

    ReplyDelete