Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Super Easy Supper

Today was another busy day around here. I went over to help the couple from church this morning before I went to BSF at 9 a.m. and then ran errands afterwards. The brother has to fulfill his Cadet Counselor duties tonight, and we just needed a simple easy meal for supper. Let's face it, I really didn't feel much like cooking at ALL today! I have to say though, that I highly recommend this recipe, it was packed with some super yummy stuff and so easy to make!

BOWTIE BAKE

INGREDIENTS:
1 Lb. Ground Beef
1 Large Onion, chopped
2 (8 ounce) Can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
1/2 C. Green Pepper; chopped
1 (16 ounce) Package bow tie pasta, cooked and drained
2 (10.75 ounce) Can condensed tomato soup, undiluted
3 C. shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
(I also added about 1 1/2 tsp. of Italian Seasoning & 1 Tbsp. of Worchestershire Sauce to the meat while cooking)

In a skillet, cook beef, onion, mushrooms and green pepper over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. In a greased 3-qt. baking dish, layer half of the pasta, half of the meat mixture, 1 can of the tomato soup and 1 cup of cheese. Top with the remaining pasta and meat mixture. Spread with the other can of tomato. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.  Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 30-45 minutes or until heated through.

On another note, I found out today that there is a place around here to get some SOFT RUSK!!!! I haven't been there yet myself to investigate, but was told that the Zeeland Bakery has them and that they are pretty good! I'm sure that they probably don't live up to the ones that Casey's Bakery in NW Iowa makes and I'm sure that I will still be placing an order for some friends that are going to be in Iowa this summer to bring some back for us! But I will most certainly give them a try... ;-)

Hope that you all are having a great week my friends!

1 comment:

  1. Oh that sounds so good! I think I'm gonna have to pick up the ingredients when I go grocery shopping on friday. :-)

    ReplyDelete