Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Delightful Dessert!

With tomorrow being Wednesday, it is once again a day to attend Bible Study Fellowship! We had last week off for Spring Break, and it feels like I haven't seen the ladies in my group in forever! After the BSF meeting tomorrow is our last Fellowship of the year, as the BSF season ends in May. It is hard to believe that we started in October and that it is almost May already! Where did the time go?

I decided that I wanted to make a quick & easy, yet very yummy dessert! So, I used this recipe for a Pampered Chef Lowfat Cake. I know, I said Lowfat...but don't be mistaken that definitely doesn't mean that it's low taste at all! In fact, this cake is so good that I could eat it everyday!!!!

I did make a few variations from the recipe, and I will share those with you as well.

LOWFAT STRAWBERRY CAKE

The cast:
INGREDIENTS:
1 White Cake Mix (I used a Strawberry Cake Mix) (You could also use Lemon)
3/4 C. Water
1/3 C. Oil
3 Egg Whites
2 (6-8 oz.) Lowfat Strawberry Yogurt
12 oz. Lowfat CoolWhip
1 Qt. Fresh Strawberries; sliced

Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl, EXCEPT for 1 of the YOGURTS. Place in a 9x13 pan and bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes. You can also put this into 2 Torte Pans--If using PC torte pans bake at 325 for 14-18 minutes. Let cool in Torte Pans for 10 minutes and then turn out onto cooling racks. If making 9x13 leave in pan.
Cool. Mix the remaining yogurt with the CoolWhip. Spread on top of cake, if using 9x13 recipe. Top with sliced Fresh Strawberries.  If using Torte's spread half of filling in center well of one cake, top with half of the fresh Strawberries. Top with second cake, well side up. Spread the rest of the filling into well of cake and top with remaining fresh Strawberries.

Here is my finished product:

Isn't it pretty?

I can hardly wait to enjoy a slice of this tomorrow! It's going to be hard to see it sitting in my fridge and not just cut into it tonight! I hope that that ladies at BSF will enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment