Monday, April 4, 2011

What happened to Spring?

It has been cold, rainy and just generally dreary around here lately. What happened to Spring????? Oh how I miss the sunshine...there is something about the sun shining brightly that prompts me to have the energy to get the massive amount of things completed on my To-Do list!!!! Please come back Mr. Sunshine!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!

I did hear from the weatherman that the weather is supposed to get better around here this week. Although, it was information from a weatherman and we all know that this may or may not be the most reliable source! haha I do realize that April Showers bring May Flowers...but as I saw on a friends facebook status it also better bring better weather because I'm sure that the flowers will not appreciate ice balls as a form or watering!

With it being a cold and rainy day, it is a perfect night for some comfort food.

Here is a take on Grilled Cheese in our house.

GRILLED CHEESE & TOMATO SOUP

4 Slices Tomato Basil Bread (we use Panera's Bread)
Butter to spread on bread
6 Slices Provolone Cheese (2 slices cut in half)
4 Chunks of Cheddar Cheese
 1 Can (10.75 oz.) Tomato Soup
Milk to fill can

Heat the soup with the milk on the stovetop. Butter one side of each slice of bread. Place one slice, buttered side down in a pan, top with cheeses and cover with non-buttered side of another slice of bread. Turn skillet on and heat through, until bread is your desired doneness. Repeat with second sandwich. Serve with Tomato Soup.

These are so ooey-gooey and good! Nothing makes me feel a little better than a good grilled cheese! In the summer I also like to put a slice of tomato on them, gives them a bit of a different taste, but so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment