Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A Vegetable Of Sorts...

A GREAT Sunday dinner, nor a Holiday dinner is complete in our house without these Potatoes! I haven't made them in a while, and with Sunday having been Easter I told the bro that I would make them. He was thrilled!!!

Now,  I will say this....it probably is not the greatest of ideas to try and prep your Easter/Sunday dinner on Saturday night, especially when it's late and you have just gotten home from being gone for 4 days and are very tired! Yes, I ran into a little bit of a problem while doing this....Normally I am a great multi-tasker and have no problem doing 10 things at once, but apparently on Saturday night this was not one of those times. I peeled the potatoes, put them in the pot, filled it with water and set it to boil....then left it to go and do some other things. About 40 minutes or so later, I could smell this rancid smell from my kitchen (and mind you, the bro was sitting on the couch playing a game on his phone the whole time, a whole 3 feet away from this pot on the stove. And didn't say word ONE about it!!!), needless to say it was my potatoes. The water had boiled out and potatoes were burnt crispy to the bottom of the pan!!!! I couldn't help but laugh!!! The good thing was that I still had enough potatoes left that I could peel them and start over again. Even though I DESPISE peeling potatoes! QUIT LAUGHING AT ME!!!! hehehe

SUNDAY POTATOES

The cast:
INGREDIENTS:
8-10 Medium Potatoes; cooked and mashed
8 oz. Cream Cheese; softened
1 C. Sour Cream
1 tsp. Garlic Salt
1/4 C. Onion; diced
3 C. Sheredded Cheddar Cheese

Mix the Cream Cheese into potatoes. Stir in the Sour Cream, Onion, Garlic Salt, and about 2 C. Shredded Cheese. Place into 2 Quart Casseorle dish. Dot with Butter, Sprinkl with Paprika and cover with remaining 1 C. Shredded Cheese. Bake at 350 for 1-1 1/2 hours. You can make this the night before and place, covered in the fridge overnight and then bake at 275 for about 4 hours.

Before the oven:

No comments:

Post a Comment