Friday, April 8, 2011

A Quick & Easy Supper

My parents were in town earlier this week, and Mom & I went out to run errands. One of the places that we went was to Horrock's Market so that Mom could get some yummy flavored coffee for her and Dad to enjoy at home. The closest Horrock's to them is in Lansing, and that's quite a hike for them to drive. Anyway, while there I remarked to Mom that I had been craving cabbage with potatoes and sausage lately...I haven't made it in forever. Horrock's just happened to have some very lovely looking cabbages at a great price, so I picked one up. I also found some nice looking Turkey Sausage and got that as well. Since I already had some nice looking potatoes in the house I was now all set to make this yummy supper!

I used to make this all the time when I worked at the Federal Center in Battle Creek. It was a favorite of mine then, because it was so easy to make. It is also good if you are trying to shed some pounds, and it's very filling.

CABBAGE, POTATOES, & SAUSAGE SUPPER

Here is what you will need:
INGREDIENTS:
1 Large Cabbage; cut into chunks
3 Large Potatoes; cut into chunks
1-2 Pkgs. Sausage; cut into chunks
Salt to Taste

Fill a large stockpot about 1/2 full with water. Add in the cabbage, potatoes and sausage. Place on stovetop and let boil/simmer for 1 1/2-2 hours; until potatoes are tender enough to eat. Drain excess liquid and add Salt to taste. ENJOY!!!

P.S. I am happy to be able to post a few pictures again. This is only through using the bro's magnificent cell phone!!!! Unfortunately the lens in my camera is the problem and it would cost far more to fix it than it would to buy a new one. So the savings for a good digital camera begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment