Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Dinner!

I hope that you all had a very Blessed Easter. Last week on Wednesday, J. and I left to go to our parents home so that I could help my Mom with a garage sale. J. and our Dad had a good time doing things together, and Mom and I had a very nice garage sale. Especially considering that it was her first (and she says ONLY) garage sale in their "new" home! We left to come home on Saturday. We stopped in Birch Run at the outlet mall and found some pretty good deals! We were even able to find a Birthday present for our adorable niece who will be 5 in May! Doesn't get much better than that!!! :-)

When we got home on Saturday I had to run to the local Meijer to get a ham and a few other items for Sunday dinner. Boy was that ever a MISTAKE!!!! I don't think that I have ever seen that parking lot that full! It was a mad house. Luckily enough, I could just jet in and get exactly what I needed and get out without having to fight the crowds too much!

It was just the bro and I here for Easter, but we still had a nice day anyway. We heard 2 wonderful sermons at our church, and I sang Sunday night with our church choir. It was a very nice day around here as well! When we were growing up, there were times that we would travel to Illinois and spend Easter with my Grandparents and Aunt and Uncle and cousins on my Mom's side. We haven't done that in quite a while, so I thought it would be nice to cook a Ham here this year. I made Ham, Sunday Potatoes and Deviled Eggs.

I cooked the Ham in the crock-pot. I put it in Sunday morning before we left for church; set to High. I used toothpicks and cut a Fresh Pineapple into rings and stuck them on it as well. When we came home from church I used a little bit of the Pineapple Juice and some Brown Sugar to make a glaze. I poured that over the top of everything the last hour of cooking. Our dinner turned out great, if I do say so myself!!

Here's the Ham:
We didn't need a very big one for the 2 of us!

Here is the whole meal all together:
We brought the leftover goodness to our friend N.'s house on Sunday night and our friends that were there were able to enjoy the rest of it!

We had a wonderful Easter here, and I hope that you did as well!

1 comment:

  1. I'll vouch for the potatoes and ham/pineapple :) ....the meat was tender and FULL of good flavor; thanks for sharing!
    ~HRN

    ReplyDelete