Monday, April 18, 2011

Here Fishy, Fishy, Fishy!!!

You guessed it, we had fish here for supper tonight! Not your ordinary fish though. I have never been a huge fish fanatic, but when I was grocery shopping at my friendly, local, neighborhood Meijer Store they were doing a sample day and this recipe was one that they had on demo. I tasted it, and it was so good, and didn't have a very 'fishy' taste to it. So, I was so sold and thought I should try it out at home!

BAJA STYLE FISH TACOS

The characters in tonights show:
INGREDIENTS:
1/4 C. Yellow Mustard
1 Lb. Tilapia
Salt to Taste
Garlic Powder to Taste
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
TOPPINGS:
1/2 C. Sour Cream
1/2 C. Lite Mayo
8 Tortillas
2-3 C. Shredded Cabbage
1 Jar Pico de Gallo

Spread Mustard on each side of fish with a butter knife. Sprinkle fish with Garlic Poweder and Salt. Heat oil over medium heat in a nonstick skillet. Add fish to skillet; cook about 5 minutes per side, until fish flakes easily with a fork. Meanwhile, mix Sour Cream with Mayo. Warm Tortillas. Let fish cool slightly; chop into small pieces. Divide fish evenly among tortillas; top evenly with Shredded Cabbage and Pico de Gallo. Drizzle with Sour Cream mixture.
**NOTE**I just mixed all the topping ingredients together like they did in the store.

These were pretty tasty. I hope that you will give them a try. I would like to thank one of my loyal blog readers who printed out a recipe for me and put it in my mailbox at church! Thanks L, I will DEFINITELY give it a try. Keep watching the blog for that post!!!! If any of you have a recipe that you have been wanting to try, but are not sure how it will turn out and would like me to give it a try before you do please feel free to contact me and let me know! I would be happy to be the guinea pig for you!! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment