Tuesday, April 19, 2011

An Eggcellent Supper

It was the night for breakfast for supper here at our house. I haven't made this recipe in so long and have been craving it for a while now. Since I couldn't find my recipe, I had to ask my wonderful Momma to send it to me, which she did! Thanks Mom!!!!

FAMILY STYLE ROLLED OMELET WITH SPINACH & CHEDDAR

The cast:
INGREDIENTS:
Olive Oil; for pan
1 C. Milk
1/3 C. Flour
8 Large Eggs
1 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
Salt & Pepper to Taste
2 Pkg. Frozen Spinach; thawed and drained
1 1/2 C. Shredded Cheddar Cheese
**NOTE** I also added cut up Cherry/Grape Tomatoes to mine. The bro thinks that it would be great with mushrooms and black olives.

Preheat oven to 350. Brush 10-15 jelly-roll pan with oil. Line with parchment paper; leaving a 1 inch overhang over short sides. Oil paper as well. Whisk Milk, & Flour. Add Eggs, Mustard, 1 tsp. Salt and 1/3 tsp. Pepper. Whisk. Pour into pan. Sprinkle Spinach evenly over the top of egg mixture. I also put the tomatoes on at this time. Bake until edges are done; 10-12 minutes. Spinkle with Cheddar Cheese; bake 2-4 minutes. Beginning at short end, lift parchment and roll up omelet tightly. Slice and serve.

Here is what's left of ours:

It is so good! And the best part is that it reheats nicely and tastes just as great the next day!!! I will be having this for breakfast tomorrow morning.

Tomorrow the bro and I are heading out of town until Saturday. My Momma is having a garage sale at her house and I have a lot of things to contribute to this sale. Plus, each year I go and help her with the one that she does. It's always a lot of fun, although I'm not really a fan of getting up at the crack of dawn...but if it means we get rid of the things we are selling it's worth it! "One man's junk is another man's treasure!" I look forward to be able to cook for my parents while we are there, and I hope that they will like what I make for them. So, with that, I hope that you all have a great rest of your week and I will post again after we are back home!

No comments:

Post a Comment