Thursday, April 14, 2011

A Supper You Won't Want To Miss!

I think that I hit a home-run in the supper department tonight! This one by far was one of the best that we've had in a long time. So much so, in fact, that I called my Momma and told her that I would make this for her and my dad when I'm out at their house next week helping her with a garage sale! :-)

The bro made the comment that he's not sure that the leftovers will last the next few days, because he thought it was just that tasty! What a compliment to get, especially from my brother!!! YAY!!!!!

CHICKEN CORDON BLEU CASSEROLE

Here's what you need:
INGREDIENTS:
4 C. Cornflakes; crushed
1 C. Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/4 C. Butter; melted
10 (I used 6) Bonless Chicken Breasts; cut into strips (I would cut into chunks next time)
Salt & Pepper; to taste
6 C. Shredded Swiss Cheese (I only had 2 C. and it was fine)
1 Lb. Cooked Ham; diced
1/2 Lb. Fresh Sliced Mushrooms
1 (10.75 oz.) Can Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
1 C. Sour Cream
2 Tbsp. Butter; melted

Preheat oven to 325. Grease 9x13 baking dish. Mix the Corn Flake crumbs with Parmesan Cheese and 1/4 C. Melted Butter; then spread 2/3 of this mixture into bottom of baking pan. Layer half of the Chicken Breast strips over the crumbs base, and sprinkle with Salt & Pepper. Cover with half of the Swiss Cheese, then sprinkle all of the Ham, then the Mushrooms over the top.
Mix th Cream of Chicken Soup and the Sour Cream together, and then spread over the Mushroom layer. Place the rest of the Chicken Strips onto the soup layer, followed by the rest of the Swiss Cheese. Top the casserole with the remaining 1/3 of the crumb mixture. Drizzle with the 2 Tbsp. of melted butter.
Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove the foil and bake until the casserole is bubbing, the cheese is melted and the crumb topping is brown, an additional 15 minutes.

Here is it ready for the oven:

And here it is all dished up and ready to enjoy:


It was so good! I can almost smell it through my computer screen as I type this! I hope that you will give this a try, it really is easy to make.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm! This looks yummy! ~Sarah VW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you sure you can't make one of everything while helping here next week--then I will buy a freezer and store them so I won't ever have to cook again! I KNOW you didn't get your love of cooking from your Mother or Grandma Bos either!

    ReplyDelete